We’re on day 7 of our 12 Days of Green Smoothies series.
We hope you’ve been enjoying our recipes as much as we’ve enjoyed creating them!
I created this smoothie after work yesterday. I had been planning on using some frozen cranberries I had leftover from Thanksgiving. I was pretty tired when I got home yesterday and wasn’t as hungry as I normally am at that time. As a result, I kept it simple and made a smaller snack-size smoothie.
This smoothie turned out delicious and was less tart than I thought it was going to be. The banana gives this smoothie some sweetness and the spices add some depth.
I loved the little specks of red throughout the green. (You can see them better in the first picture)
At Maria’s Christmas Cookie Party this past Saturday our friend Sarah, who has become such a huge fan of green smoothies, was telling us how a friend of hers asked her what the point of drinking green smoothies was.
I thought this was a great question and have put together a list of answers.
10 Reasons Why Green Smoothies are Great
1. You can get 1-3 servings of fruit.
2. You can get 1-2 servings of vegetables.
3. They give you a boost of energy with no crashing.
4. Plenty of nutrients from raw produce.
5. The combinations are endless to satisfy your taste buds.
6. They can be enjoyed year round.
7. Great for losing or maintain weight.
8. Better bowel movements. (This is so true!)
9. They’re fast to make and all you need is a blender.
10. Green foods are full of enzymes, vitamins & minerals
- 1\2 cup almond milk
- 1\2 banana, frozen in chunks
- 1\4 cup cranberries
- 1\8 tsp cinnamon
- tiny pinch of nutmeg
- 1 large handful of spinach
- Place all ingredients in blender and process until smooth. About 1-2 minutes.